Please Help!! looking to get into computer audio.

I am looking into exploring the computer audio format, I am a long time audio enthusiast. My Digital front end currently consists of a Oppo bd103 and a Bryston Bda 1 , I currently have the capability to stream my itunes library from my computer via bluetooth to my oppo player , but the sound quality is not up to my standards. Any suggestions on how to increase the sound quality would be great. Please consider that i am a newbie to this and a little confused with the formats of computer audio. Any solution would be appreciated thanks. I have been looking at the w4s remedy and or Blink or recovery. I am also considering just getting a wadia 171 ipod transport and just using my ipod. confused and not sure which route to take for best sound qaulity.

128x128whinoman
And aren't purchased iTunes Store files in the AAC format?

Even though also lossy files like MP3, AAC tend to sound better.
Wow lots of info!! Thank you everyone for passing on your knowledge. I should also tell everyone that, I have a Toshiba pc and my phone is a samsung s6, The oppo media App that you suggested Eric which i currently do not have downloaded on my phone. With that i can sign up for a Tidal account and then stream music from my phone? sorry for my ignorance, but can you please elaborate on that a little more please?.I f i can start with that first until i get a media server set up that would be great!

The Toshiba pc is only about six months old and looks like it has a usb connection. Also ghost house. If i do not have a macbook or iphone will this $10 bitperfect app work with the pc that i have? or is that a phone app? And will it work on my samsung if thats the case or do i need an Iphone. once again sorry for my lack of knowledge on all of this. And Thanks so much !!

Hi Whinoman! 

Go to the Tidal website (click on this blue text).  Sign up for an account.  I think it's easier to sign up via PC and a browser.

Once you have that, the Oppo "Media Control" app will let you select Tidal as a source.  You'll have to use your new Tidal credentials (name/password) and you can then stream any of Tidal's music directly from your Oppo BD player. 

With Tidal I find it easier to create music lists and favorite artists/albums, etc. via the browser, and then use the Oppo Medeia Control app to select from them and play.

Best,

Erik
Whino - unfortunately, just checked (see link here) and it looks like BitPerfect is for MAC OS only.

http://bitperfectsound.com/?page_id=2

BUT you could try something like Audirvana or JRiver.  These have versions for PC and get lots of positive comments.   Supposed to be better than BitPerfect sound-wise.  

Don't apologize.  No one was born with this knowledge and, if they were, it's genetics to thank, not some personal accomplishment.  So feel free to ask.  Check out the Computer Audiophile website too.  Best way to learn is by trying and doing...though it can certainly be frustrating at times.