Please Critique my Setup and Recommend Upgrade(s)

As a lifelong musician and former recording / pro audio engineer, this is my first foray into the world of HiFi and I could really use some advice and direction.  Last week I bought the following setup for a dedicated listening room that is essentially a 13x13 square room on three sides with the area behind me extending back another 25 or so feet.  There is a partial backwall about four feet wide but it is mostly open air behind me.  Ceilings are 9' and I have GIK bass traps in all corners, early reflection points on the side walls, and panels overhead between speakers and listening position.  Speakers are about 2 1/2 feet from back wall, 6 ft. apart, slightly toed in on cheap stands weighted down by cinder blocks.

1. 2017 VPI Scout Prime turntable with Ortofon Bronze
2. 2017 Rega Brio Integrated 50wpc Amp and Phono Stage
3. ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 Speakers

So far this setup certainly sounds good, but it isn't blowing me away either.  At lower volumes the soundstage feels a little small and two-dimensional.  At louder volumes the sound seems to fill the room more, thereby enhancing the soundstage and making the music feel more natural as opposed to coming from directly in front of me.  The stereo imaging is okay, but I expected a little more stereo separation.  Also, perhaps the speakers are still breaking in, but the ELACs don't seem to do the best job of presenting the music in a cohesive manner.  It sounds like the frequency bands are a little disjointed.    

Should I stick with the ELACs but consider a higher end integrated amp that can feed them a little more power like a Parasound Halo?  Or should I nix the ELACs and invest in some more efficient and higher end loudspeakers,e.g. Devore, ATC, ProAc, etc...?  Would I still get an audible improvement with these nicer and more efficient speakers if I stick with the Rega Brio, or do these high end speakers warrant a truly high end amp?  I ask because I likely can't upgrade both speakers and amp at the same time.    

I also considered the KEF LS50, but it seems like they are similar to the ELACs in that they are rather inefficient and need a powerful amp.  

529proaudio
As stated earlier,  there's no substitute for good components, however, u have to work with what u can manage, at the time. I used to hold with the idea-good front end-good backend. Sounds good for other apps too😊  You have to have a good source,as well as a good reproduction method. I'm 63 years old,  and I learn alittle each day. You're also gonna need a high current amp to drive whatever speakers u have. If you're going for the best sound, there's just no substitute. A lot depends on your room size. Even some of the cheaper reproduction devices have good front end. Concentrate on a high current amp that won't clip, and a good set of the speakers of your choice. The amp has to have "guts." Period. 😊
BTW-proper room treatment can turn a dog into a fox/really good sounding room. You can have the best components money can buy, but if your room and your set-up isn't good, you're  chasing your tail. 
Update:  Received the Devore 9's late last week and finally got to listen to them at length tonight.  They are definitely far more detailed and brighter sounding than my ELAC Uni-Fi B5s.  Listening to the new Wilco record it was quite noticeable how much more high-end detail came through the Devores.  With the Elacs, the cymbal work was pretty buried in the mix, whereas on the Devores it was extremely audible and up front in the mix.  My wife initially preferred the softer tonality of the ELACs, but then went back to the detail wrought by the Devores.  

I snagged a Moon 110LP phono stage for $350 new last week, and find it to be an audible step up from the Rega Brio phono stage in terms of stereo imaging and tonality.  I'm still running the Rega Brio as my amp...mainly because no one locally carries an amp I'm interested in, and I'm having trouble finding a dealer who will accept returns if the amp isn't a good fit in my system.  The new Line Magnetic 508 looks like a perfect fit given its extra power for a SET, but it is a bit out of my price range for the moment.  Also considering a used 518 or one of their cheaper models as well, i.e. 211ia EL34 or 216ia KT88.  I'm told the Leben amps are a great match for the Devores as well, but they are impossible to find used or even as a demo it would seem.  A few Devore dealers have recommended the class-A solid state Sugden A21, but I'm leaning towards tubes for a variety of reasons.  

Finally, I also experimented a bit with speaker orientation and acoustic treatment.  Running long ways, the room is 13x40' which meant I had to crank the speakers pretty high to load the room.  I went back to my original setup with speakers along the long wall and effectively making a 13x13 listening space. Frankly, I don't notice a ton of difference, though I do think it requires less volume.  I also removed my corner mounted bass traps to see if that would provide a more balanced low-end and a more realistic live sound.  Will need some more time to evaluate those changes.       
Hi, 

I've been trying to put together a system.  Harbeth shl5 plus > mc152 >  C2600 or C52.  Other speakers I've looked into are the Atc 19's passive and 40scm v2 passive. Do you think this would be a great match?   I mostly listen to jambands, progressive rock, electronic, and some classical.  I'll probably also look into 7ES3 too.  But I'll need a sub with those I believe.  From what I've been reading some people don't like pairing Atc with Mac equipment gear.  Is this true?   

thanks

I heard the ATC SCM19 v.2 recently at an owners home. If I was looking for a smaller 2 way they would definitely be on my short list. Clean powerful detailed and musical. Just bring the power they are not efficient. Not sure how they would pair with Mac.