Phono Stage Question.....

I am considering a Sutherland Little LOCO Mk 2 Phono stage. 

I currently run a Conrad-Johnson EF1 Phono stage, with Lyra-Delos Moving Coil Cartridge putting out 0.6 mV.  5-10 Ohms of impedance.  SME V arm, J.A. Michell table.  Preamp is Conrad-Johnson Premier 17LS, Amp is C-J LP66s,  Both all tube.

Sutherland touts their Transimpedance technology over 'traditional' voltage technology.

They state that Loading and Gain do not need to be set or worried about with this particular circuit design.

I'm wondering if anyone here has crossed over to the Sutherland Circuit Technology within their system, and is it really better than 'traditional' voltage tech.

Would you rate it 'much improved-go and buy it' or 'meh, not a big deal'??

Thank you for your thoughts and input as always....Lou

quincy

You may want to look into the Channel D.

Not as "plug and play" and I've seen some here on Audiogon.  It's worth a look.

Most of the senior writers at Stereophile magazine us the Loco as their reference. favorite.

D.

Hi, Quincy.

I suggest that you ask your hifi dealer if you can loan a unit to try for a few days because that's all it would take to convince you of the merits of the sutherland products. I currently use a hubble phono stage that has no equal for detail retrieval and sound staging if you can find one buy it!!

Why not change your thinking and get a Bob's Devices Sky 20 which should be an excellent match for your cartridge.....and much less expensive than the Sutherland with sound quality equal to or even better than the Sutherland

It was my understanding that the Delos and Sutherland would not be a good match.