Phono Preamp Selection

I have no idea of which Phono Preamp I should purchase.  I read the reviews from Audio Science and the author provides testing criteria and results for Phono Preamps. I do not have a awesome system - rather it is just a nice system. I reviewed (Pro-ject Phono Box DC MM/MC  / Cambridge Audio Duo / IFI Zen / Schitt Skoll ). My turntable is a MoFi with a Hana MC Cartridge. 500.00 is my budget as I am just a listener of old vintage records.  My amp is a Denon and my speakers are bookshelf Triangle(s). Appreciate your time and responses.

smerk

PS AUDIO.....MM/MC the last Phono Preamp you ever need. Even if you upgrade your Table or cart in the future.

Used there are actually a number of very good sounding MC stages at that price point. I’ve owned the Dynavector P75 (any version - I had a Mk 1!) and PS Audio GCPH. Both very good. The GCPH had a little hum at higher gain levels but I understand there are ways to mitigate this (maybe even just rotating the toroid).

I always love & recommend Jim Hagerman’s phono products (killer value), and though I haven’t yet heard his new Bugle MC, it should be amazing for the money ($289 new).

I ended up getting the Gold Note PH-10 with the PSU-10 power supply. The PH-10 offers all the settings you will need and they are on the fly. Very good value for a high end phono preamp.

I compared a MOON 110 vs the internal stage on my Rogue RP-1.  The MOON was not significantly better than the RP-1 so I did not purchase.  But the the RP-1 phono is well regarded for its price point.  Occasionally the MOON pops up on USaudiomart for ~$300.  That would proly be a bang buck solution.