Peachtree Gan 400

after 2 +  years of owning this amp - this class d amp still shines on - very smooth (in a good way) - listen to music for hours (literally) - sounds right - i keep coming back to it - i want my ab amp and class a amp and my tube amp to sound as good and sometimes i think they do - and i can make a strong case for them

the ab amp is a little fatiguing after a while - the tube amp is like owning a car that needs to go in the shop every other week

it sounds good for stretches - then it needs work - sounds good - then want to upgrade tubes - the class a amp i think is sounding great sometimes - but alas my class D amp sounds good most of the time 

the class d amp keeps chugging along - sounding wonderful all of the time - in a time where class d is not trending like it was 2 years ago - the peachtree is so underrated. 

128x128smargo

@yyzsantabarbara I like the orchard audio monoblocks with both a Schiit Freya+ with some NOS brimar 6sn7 tubes and also the benchmark LA4 preamp.

I tried some Orchard Audio GaN mono blocks recently, and they sounded wimpy compared to the Peachtree.

“Wimpy” is how I’d describe the sound of the GaN 400 relative to nearly every class AB amplifier I’ve owned. The bass extension and control was an absolute joke compared to my 100 WPC Yamaha 2100. 

The GaN 400 does put out a lot of power into simulated loads, but in practice I found it sounded similar to the drive capability of a 40 WPC class AB amp. Its noise level was also quite dismal for a modern class D design. My Parasound A21 puts out less power into 8 ohms on paper, but in reality it sounds many times stronger and more effortless than the Peachtree.

helomech - i totally 100% disagree with you. the gan 400 is one of the most un wimpy amps that ive heard - i know it sounds crazy - but i have been playing the gan for the better part of a month now continuous (ive owned the amp for at least 2 years and thought the same thing as helomech). the more it gets played the better and better and better and better - it almost has to break in like a class ab amp. Who would of thunk?

its clear - dynamic - ballsy - true to express the exact notes - the way they were intended. sounds like music . not the glare you hear after 2 hours of listening with a class ab amp.