PayPal Friends & Family listings. Why is this becoming so common?

I think most sellers now realize they are not going to have a taxable profit. 

The F&F listings at market price don't seem to sell. 

It seems like buyers demand around a 20% discount to take on the added risk of F&F. 

I'm really just curious to hear what buyers & sellers think of this practice.  

seanheis1

Krellpuppy, making false statements, to bolster your dubious credibility, and then doubling down on them, is in keeping with the current climate; you must feel right at home, LOL. That’s what I got out of your little temper tantrum.

BTW, PayPal protection is worthless!

Years ago, I purchased two cables for $900 from a buyer with 100% positive feedback. I never received the cables. Since USPS Priority Mail uses geotracking, the local Postmaster confirmed that the package was time-stamped and delivered to my home. It probably was stolen off my front porch.

Paypal Protection requires that purchases with a value over $750 to have shipping insurance. The buyer wanted to save $3.95 and didn’t get the insurance. Paypal issued a full refund to me within 24 hours of my claim.  The seller lost $900.

- - - -

Whenever I sell an item via Paypal F&F, I always include Signature Confirmation Required - as well as shipping insurance. It’s worth $10 to me for peace of mind.