Pass Labs 1st Watt Rundown

I have become intrigued with the 1st Watt series and I am trying to wrap my head around the series and the differences within the series, but the internet discussions seem shallow.

Can anyone give me a rundown of the different models, versions, whatever?

What are the differences from one to another?

Did the newer iterations correct problems of the previous models and what were they, or did they simply address differences in power?

Stereo? Monoblocks?

What pre's and the sensitivity of the speakers you used with them.

Anything else you can think of as to characteristics of the different models.

Thanks

128x128tonydennison

For what it's worth, I have owned and listened to the M2 since 2014, and I adore it. It is simply a wonderful amp that I will never sell. I drive it with a Quicksilver preamp and it powers my 89db-sensitivity Spendor 1/2s with all of the dynamics I could want. This amp is a gem among rocks!

The Pass XA-25 seems more in the realm of the First Watt stuff than any other Pass amp, and since the XA-25 sounds so damn good I've never been tempted by a First Watt amp. Maybe if my XA-25 explodes or something...However, I like the way old Nelson thinks, and it is unique that a namesake and designer of a major brand like Pass Labs designs quirky, great sounding other (First Watt) stuff,  and even shares his designs with the DIY community. 

Steve Guttenberg did a video comparing a number of First Watt Amps and the Pass Labs XA-25.   Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OppGU7SJnuY

Steve Guttenberg owns four of the First Watt amps, and also the XA-25, and he reviews and compares them on his youtube channel. Hes also has some really great interviews with Nelson Pass. I see jaduio1 already posted a link. :)

I have both the Pass XA25 and the First Watt SIT-3. They are both good amps in very different ways. The Pass is clear/liquid and transparent, the SIT-3 is very good with tone and texture. I think the Pass pairs better with conventional speakers and the First Watt pairs better with Horns. I've paired the SIT-3 with a Cary SLP-98 and a Battery powered Dodd preamp with good results. If you're looking for an amp that sounds close to tubes, the SIT-3 is your amp. My speakers are 102 db efficient. Also remember that adding resistance across the terminals can tighten the sound of the SIT-3 if its necessary. According to Nelson and I agree the SIT-3 prefers a 4ohm load, but that should be determined on a case by case basis.