Parts for Dynavector 501 Tonearm

I've been using a Dynavector 501 Tonearm for about 15 years now.  I have really enjoyed using it, but the arm lift mechanism has worn to the point it is inoperable. I really need parts, or a good machine shop to make the parts to renew the lift.

Do any of you know where I could get parts for it, or a machine shop (close to me in Puget Sound area of Washington State?)

Thanks, and regards,

Dan

Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan

Showing 4 responses by lewm

Mike Pranka is the name I could not conjure, the Dynavector distributor in the US. You're in good hands.  I thought Colby was back up and running. Sorry.

That’s not Colby’s business. I did provide his email, which I somewhat regret because I feel I’ve violated his privacy. It was too late to delete once I realized my indiscretion.

Within the last 8-10 years I’ve bought parts for DV505 and 501 from the US distributor. Admittedly these were counterweights and an AS weight on its string, but it can’t hurt to ask. After all, he does connect with the factory.

The US distributor for DV is excellent in this regard, and he won’t soak you for cost. I apologize for not being able to source his name and location at this moment. I will search around my various drawers of turntable related junk and accessories to look for it. But meantime I think you could find it easily on the Internet.

Also, if push comes to shove, a highly skilled machinist with audiophile sympathies is Colby Lamb who is close to you, in Oregon.  You may be able to find him on the "L07D owners group". (Named for those who own a Kenwood L07D turntable.)  If you give Colby a damaged part, chances are very good he can make a new one from it. Try: <clamb1070@gmail.com>