Parts for Dynavector 501 Tonearm

I've been using a Dynavector 501 Tonearm for about 15 years now.  I have really enjoyed using it, but the arm lift mechanism has worn to the point it is inoperable. I really need parts, or a good machine shop to make the parts to renew the lift.

Do any of you know where I could get parts for it, or a machine shop (close to me in Puget Sound area of Washington State?)

Thanks, and regards,

Dan

Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan

Showing 4 responses by dover

@islandmandan 

Some of the parts for the 507, which is still current, are the same as the 501 and can be interchanged. I would be surprised if the arm lift mechanism is not interchangeable.

@islandmandan 

I  don't know who came up with the idea of using the parts from the 507, but I thank them for thinking of it for me.

You are welcome.

While you are at it the 507 Base with the VTA adjuster also fits the 501 if your 501 doesn't already have it. It is quite course in operation but useful. I use it with a bronze stabiliser I custom built that goes under the armboard - friction fit plus 3 tapped screw holes to mate with the VTA Base.

@islandmandan 

Thats great news.

Fyi - I fully rebuilt my 501 - including rewire and changed the angle of the sub arm to facilitate Baerwald rather than Stevenson, and still keep ing the cartridge dead straight in the headshell ( this is critical because the cartridge needs to be at right angle to the vertical bearings to avoid torsional force on the cantilever ).

I had to recalculate all the overhang, pivot to spindle and offset angle.

Never again - it was a drama I could have done without.