Parasound to Pass Upgrade

I’m considering “upgrading” from my Parasound JC-1s monos to the Pass Labs X260.8 mono blocks. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the performance differences I would expect? Thanks very much. 
Rob

taylorro

@taylorro what are you missing with the JC-1s that you believe could be better solved for you with the Pass X260.8s or PS Audio BHK amps?

I did own one of the smaller plus+ amps from Parasound for a while, but not the original JC-1s. PTA reviewer Dave M and a few others have commented looking for more of this - "slightly bloomier low end along with a smidgen of extra juice to the mids".

And you, what do you want more/less of, if you can describe it?    Thx.  

@m_j_s thanks! Reason I’m asking is I have a relatively small room and my XA30.8 doesn’t get hot enough to affect it. Worried about having a space heater there as it would suck in summer months…

I've owned both the X250.8 and XA30.8 in my small 12x17 dedicated listening room (extremely well insulated walls, but no AC), and both would send me out of the room in the summer sweating like I had just been in a sauna.   I really liked both amps and enjoyed the heat in the cooler months, but in the end sold both for cool running monos.   I didn't notice any difference between the two (XvsXA) relative to how hot my room got.   AC would solve that problem though...; both are great amps!

I guess I’m looking for something different. I have enjoyed the JC-1s but would like a little more musicality and extension. I do admit I simply like to try different things every few years. I am also looking at the appropriate preamp for whichever amp I choose. Currently the Parasound P7 is most likely a weak point but I have a hybrid audio/video system. Since I don’t use the video portion any more, I’m looking to get an exclusively audio based system. 

Well I went from Parasound early on to Luxman and am now very happy.

The P7 is actually a pretty transparent bit of kit, maybe their best preamp ever below the JC lines.