Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.3 Better Than 11se Mk. II

Ok, this might seem like a stupid question, but I need to ask:

Right now I'm using Paradigm 11se Mark II speakers as my main/only speakers. As far as I can tell, these were made from 1989-1992.

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of barely used Paradigm Monitor 7 v.3 speakers for $225 locally. It's hard to tell exactly what years they made this model, but they started making the Monitor 7's in 1998 and are still making them today. I think they're on version 5 now, so a good guess would be early 2000's.

Should I expect a marked/significant improvement if I go for this? I really enjoy the 11se Mark II's, but the one complaint I have about them is they're a tad weak in the bass, especially since I listen to a lot of rock music. Do you think the Monitor 7's will improve this?

Ok, in a way this is a no-lose situation, as if I buy these speakers, I can likely sell the other ones for at least $225 and lose no money, but before tying up my money for awhile that I have reserved for other components, I'd still like to get people's POV's here. Do you have any experience with these speakers? Is the fact that it's a Paradigm model 10 years down the line enough to warrant this purchase?

Your help would be gratefully appreciated.
soulgoober
I wouldn't hesitate to listen to the 7's before you buy. You must be serious if you are going to his house and listen. I would never buy speakers till I did just that. What if you buy them and not like them?

In a small room you should have enough bass with the 11SE's but I am just guessing here. You are on the right track in upgrading your CD player. Makes a huge difference. Goodluck!!!
I don't want to go to his house and bother him unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to want them if I like what I hear and now I'm thinking against it. I wouldn't just buy them without hearing them first though...

Yeah, I'm in the market for a Tube Research Labs modified Sony SCD-ce595. I even have a wanted ad up for it in Audiogon. Thanks for your help.
I'd just keep the 11se's if you want to upgrade look elsewhere..seriously. This from a fella who has owned a whole lotta Paradigms in my day.
Thanks Artk!

Yeah, I've decided not to upgrade my speakers unless I'm taking a quantum leap foward. Too much hassle for something very similar or that would perhaps be a TINY bit better. I'd rather upgrade my cd player, get a couple of upgraded power cords and then maybe think about upgraded speakers a bit down the road...
I have owned Paradigm 7se mkII, 9seMKIIIs and Studio 60v.2s. I t probably depends on how you like your sound. The metal tweeter on the newer 7s is going to be a bit harsh compared to the tweeter on your 11se MKIIs. I know I would prefer your current speakers over the newer 7s. Of the three models I owned I preferred the 9se MKIIIs.
Looking at all my model numbers I hope my memory is correct.