Oppo 205 integration problems

My 205 arrived two days before OPPO’s April 2 “farewell” notice.  I test drove it on my MAggie 3.6s through my Moon Pre and Amps.  Exemplary sound on both SACD and using Macbook .wav files through the 205’s.
Next, I moved it to my home theater system:  video display - Visio E65-E1 4k ARC HDMI;  HDMI input to the 205 from an Arris cable modem; analog output to 5-channel Outlaw Amp.  
The player works fine for 4k and blue ray discs, but sometimes the audio drops out.  To watch cable, I have to physically swap HDMI from the 205 HDMI input to the Video display.  Oppo support claims that My HDMI cables may be the culprit, but have had me reduce the digital throughput. i have acheived sound this way, but I have been troubleshooting because the still sound drops out without doing anything.
Long story short.  A lot of you seem to think highly of the 205, but my experience has been frustrating. So far, every time I switch media sources I need to change the cable configuration.
Any suggestions?
davesandbag
You might post this at the Oppo 205 thread at avsforum.com.  In my applications, HDMI from DirecTV goes to the Oppo, HDMI-1 from the Oppo goes directly to the video player (monitor or projector), HDMI-2 goes to a prepro or balanced analog to a preamp for audio.

db
The audio drop problem was discussed below but this refers to running 205 with the display off.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/interesting-hdmi-problem-oppo-udp-205

Is it possible that there is HDCP copy protection handshaking problem between 205 and your Visio display?
Had a new mother board installed in Vizio TV.  Cable box to OPPO 205 HDMI in, HDMI out to VIzio HDMI 1/ARC.  Cannot raise Cable modem “Guide” screen with Oppo in the pathway.  Down another dark alley with Oppo it seems.

It's been a while since this post began, but if it still may help, ot perhaps help others:  I switched tvs that my Oppo 205 was hooked up too while the player was on.  Suddenly I had a myriad of problems.  I switched back to my old TV and no problem....so I thought the problem was my brand new Sony 65Z9D.... but it wasnt....it was a handshake issue.  Took me a week to figure out....  everything needs to be turned off when you initially disconnect the hdmi's, because when anything is on, a handshake is occurring between components, one on, the other off, but perhaps in standby mode, therefore able to handshake.  Then, in interrupting that handshake with a particular component, they continue to look for each other....plug in a different component, and the hdcp encoding screams fraud, because the electronic signature is not the same.  The solution I finally bumped into, was to reconnect the old tv, turn it and the Oppo 205 on...let a picture come up, then turned both off....THEN disconnect them, and plug the Oppo 205 into the new components hdmi, then turn everything on so they do their initial electronic handshake.  Problem solved, I was up and running with my new TV connected to the oppo.
It's not a good idea to plug or unplug HDMI cable while the devices are hot - the device can get killed.