Oppo 105 stutter

I have an Oppo 105 ca. 2012 and it's been working great all these years, except for the occasional need to reboot.

Lately I'm seeing something happening more frequently and I'm wondering what I can do. I'll be watching video and it will badly stutter to the point where the DAC can't decode much audio at all, and the picture gets very jerky., pausing more than playing. Reboot has fixed it so far, but today it happened two times in quick succession. I decided to keep it powered off for a while and try again later. So far it's not doing it. It's not particularly warm here, but I do have a Pass INT-150 sitting lower and to the right in free air. The Oppo has decent air flow.

I'd like a 4K setup but Oppo isn't making them anymore, so my question is twofold: 1) what can I do about the stutter issue and 2) what's a good replacement option where my main requirements are HDMI switching, SPDIF coax out to a DAC, and 4K support?

Thanks,
Dave
pure_dave
My (new) DAC is the Simaudio Moon 280D but this has been happened using the XLR outs from the Oppo in my previous setup.
OPPO still supports their products - contact them and see what they have to say
Post removed 
One other consideration is to purchase a lens cleaner - basically it’s a CD/DVD with tiny brushes on the readable surface that pass over the laser pickup lens itself removing any dust or debris.  I have both an Oppo BDP105 and a UDP205 (supports 4K) both which at one time doubled as a CD transport and Blu-Ray player (used XLR outs for audio).  Now I use the latter mostly for video streaming.  I never encountered the issue you are describing but sounds like either the laser pickup lens is dirty or the pickup itself is showing signs of age.
Did you already try using a CD lens cleaner?  A dirty lens can cause multiple issues, and would not be unusual in an older player like the 105.
I don't really play discs at all. This happens during streaming video from the HDMI input.

I haven't seen it since my post. Thanks.

Dave

Post removed