Open baffle speakers

Open baffle speakers design is the simplest , to get bass response similar to other design , like ported, the baffle size must be huge to avoid low frequency degradations . Tipical size the baffle   width 10-20"  got weak  bass performance.   I am wondering how open baffle speakers design became so popular ?

128x128bache

coltrane1

According to the video they are Lii Audio PT-10/W-15.

I know they are certainly far from cheap, but they just don’t do it for me. Maybe it’s the track. IIRC, I have that one on CD and will have to listen on my system.

@coltrane1 Sorry friend, but I have made and measured open baffle subwoofers and there is no mystery here. If you think what your listening too sounds good you have a lot left to experience, which is a good thing.

@mijostyn , well let’s see, I’m a jazz pianist and play jazz guitar fairly well, on top of being an audiophile for 50 plus years. Maybe you’re right, I have no idea about sound or music. 

I'm thinking of getting into open baffles. Looking at a pair of Lii Song Liionidas. Anyone had any experience with these? 

@coltrane1 I have been designing and building subwoofers for 40 years, https://imgur.com/gallery/building-resonance-free-subwoofers-dOTF3cS I have no idea about bass and I have been an audiophile for 70 years. My mother had to put a table radio in the crib with me to shut me up. None of this means that I know what I am listening to. This is a matter of experience. To know what proper imaging sounds like you have to have heard a system that images correctly. I did not hear that system until I was 24 years old and I was not able to reproduce that feat for another 10 years in my own system. 

Unless you have measured your system in your room you have no idea what you are listening too. You like what you hear, but you cannot say exactly what that is.