Ok to use a Shunyata Hydra A-4 with a VAC 70/70?

I have a VAC Renaissance 70/70 amp and VAC Renaissance MK II preamp. I have been advised to get a power conditioner since the lights in my house dim every time the A/C and furnace go on, and I am considering getting a Shuntata Hydra A-4. Any problem plugging the VACs into the Hydra?
wmbrodsky
I'd call an electrician first. Anything else would be like using a bandaid on a wound that needed stiches.
Assuming there is nothing wrong with your electric, as Rhljazz suggests, I would get something for the preamp but probably not for the amp. Although, if you get the Hydra, you can try it both ways. I have a 30/30 and it goes directly into the wall. Also, since we are talking about power sags, a regenerator may be a better choice. If you call Cable Co., they have all of these products to lend out so you can try them in your system first, before you buy. I use them all the time for stuff like this.
The PS audio Power plant 10 is a remarkable and realistic resolution to solving problems between your system components and the electricity coming out of your wall. I was skeptical, but needed to protect my system against spurious and dubious power in a new, somewhat rural location. I did not want to lose the great sound I got by avoiding any filtering with power conditioners, plugging directly into the wall with dedicated lines. I decided to go wih the Power Plant 10 and, even though I could have gotten a better price, I opted for a demo from the manufacturer with a 30 day trial period and full warranty.
The results were impressive and the sound delicious and unbound, BUT protected. Exactly the effect I needed, and even a bump up from the previous unprotected, but dedicated lines. I did install dedicated lines and now the Power Plant 10 is an important component to my system. I mention this because my power amp is the VAC renaissance 70/70.The rest of the system is equally as demanding and has responded well to the addition of the PS 10.The demo and "refurbished "units run 3,500.00$ new they are 5,000$ and the going used price is 3,000$.Last thing I wanted to do was spend a bunch of money on a "power conditioner" type of product, turns out it should have been the FIRST thing I bought. As always, do your research....this might be your magic bullet,