Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Bondman,

I can't believe you're talking about an audiophile haven in River Vale, NJ!!  I grew up in River Vale, a little more than a stone's throw from the NY State border.  It's so small; it's almost never mentioned anywhere.  Even people from other towns nearby often didn't know about it.  Too bad I have no one left there now to visit.  I'd love to hear those German Physiks!  That's the closest I'd likely ever get to them.
peterr53,

How's your DIY Walsh/omni speaker project going?  Any changes, advances, or innovations?  I've got a set Ohm Walsh 2XO cans in great shape that I thought I'd be able to find an old set of cabinets on which to mount them.  After a couple years of looking and posting WTB (want to buy) notices, it appears that isn't going to happen.  Hence, I'm really curious about your cabinet and crossover ideas.

Sorry for the silence, but I’ve been working, making mulla. So the 
build got put on hold for a while....
I will let everyone know when I’m back in the saddle, meanwhile 
Merry Christmas and good Holidays....

Looking forward to some Swedish Gravlax hmmmmm 🇸🇪

Thanks, peterr53.  I was beginning to worry about you! 

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanuka, and Happy New Year to all.

Just to confirm others opinions on OHM 5000 speaker placement, I have realized the proper placement in my room. It is 20X12X8. It has drywall and carpet. I have 3 corner bass traps and 4 acoustic panels. 2 behind the speakers and 2 above. The 3 bass traps sit on 2 apple crates a piece full of records. I have acoustic blankets in front of my windows  behind my listening position and also across the hinged double doors. My twin Billy Bags audio rack sits between my speakers on one of the long walls. My speaker controls are set for small room, corner, medium perspective and plus treble. If I place the speakers closer to be walls the bass becomes boomy. I have tried the speakers on the short wall firing down the long part of the room. The bass is solid but the stereo imaging suffers and the two speakers sounding somewhat mono. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve read somewhere that the bigger OHMs need to be 9-12 feet apart to sound their best. This goes against the golden cube speaker positioning formula.  Anyway I hope this helps with anyone who is new to OHM speakers and has a rectangular room. I could remove my rack from between the speakers but it would be a big move with me moving 1200 records out of the dedicated music room.  if I removed my stereo rack would I get enough improvement to maybe make it worthwhile? The speakers sit out about 8 inches beyond it.   Any thoughts or opinions welcome.