Octave V70SE vs Qualiton X200

Anyone experience comparing both amps? Currently have the Qualiton X200 on audition and really very impressed. The Octave has gotten really good reviews as well, but from what I’ve read it’s pretty neutral sounding. I’m looking for a warmer sound but still resolving which is why I chose to demo the X200 first. It hasn’t disappointed thus far. Pricing is close, Octave is a bit more but not far away from the X200. This is subjective but looks wise I prefer the X200. Reminds me of my Dads old Hifi setup. Thanks in advance.
chipcalzone

Showing 4 responses by jerryg123

@ chipcalzone Just an FYI any Qualiton amps not in stock will be subject to a $1000.00 price increase....rumors have it? So X200 if has to be ordered MSRP will be $7500.00 ???
Oh PS also thinking about getting one of Underwood Wally's Class D machines for kicks to flog the QLN P-3's
X200 vs A50i both are very nice and I own the X200 and did demo the a20i and for my needs the X200 was the choice.
V70 is very nice and a friend has one and she said it took a long while for it to well sound right. Those are her words. She said the first few weeks she was ready to send it back that's how bad it sounded.
With the X200 you do have a lot of tube choices and many people are all "you have to run the KT170" well I did and they are okay but I prefer the all around great sound of the KT120 and when wanting to listen to classical critically I pop KT88's in. I listen to all formats, Streaming Q, CD and Analog or LP. 
 I have QLN Prestige Three's at 88 ish dB the X200 sounds fantastic with them.

@chpcalzone. No I did not compare the a50i to the X200 and I had a friends a20i here with the X200.

The x200 was the better fit with my speakers (have several sets) and most are easy to drive and the x200 gave me "holographic" "sound stage depth" and all the other cliches. So really it will come down to personal preference and the supporting cast of sources in your chain. I see that @arafiq is mostly a streaming and I am mostly (95%) vinyl spinning.

Call Constantin in Nashville he is a standup guy and will shoot your straight. He has sent me all kind of gear to demo.

https://www.atelier13-usa.com/audio-hungary-qualiton