NY Audio Show

I see its in a new venue this year, still no exhibitor list online though.  Wonder if they will require proof of vaccination.  Cheers
spoutmouzert
@joUnfortunately I am not going to be at CAF this year.  We have a family wedding that weekend that I can’t miss.  
I have really enjoyed this thread! I like that this site allows people to communicate their beliefs along with their audio opinions. I am certainly not for ignorance, aggression or bullying.

I have always considered myself a moderate. Pretty much right down the center. I do believe that in recent years the mainstream left has moved further in that direction. Some now consider my views to be far right and extremely conservative. I assure you that they are not. I have enjoyed both sides of this discussion. I love New York City. I think it is a great place to visit. Prior to Covid we traveled from Philadelphia several times a year for concerts, shows, and a good meal! I cannot speak to what it has become since Covid. I also have no problem with proof of vaccine or a recent negative test. Don’t get me started about masks. I find it absurd that you have to wear a mask when entering a restaurant, but as soon as you are seated you can remove it. Does Covid know not to attack you at your table. Is it only dangerous when you were waiting in line or in the lobby? I saw steely Dan at the Met in Philadelphia the other night. Vaccine cards or negative tests were required. So were masks. Everyone wore a mask when entering. Prior to the show I would estimate about 50% of the people had their mask on. Most improperly, under their nose or hanging from one ear… Etc. by the end of the show I would estimate that about 10% of the people were wearing their masks at all. The ushers we’re not concerned. They were more concerned that you did not have your phone out as the artist did not want phones in the auditorium. I purchased two 5 dollar cans of water from the Alps so that I could sip them and not have to wear the mask. It was probably unnecessary, but staying hydrated was good.

I appreciate all of the opinions here, both audio and political. Let’s just try and keep it civil.
I am apparently under the mistaken impression this was an audio based thread.  

Shouldn't we be fighting over tubes vs solid state or digital vs analog or how much better my dad's system is than your dad's???
The web site has "TBD" for time / date / location, yet at the bottom of the page there is all 3. This with one month to go. No mention of ticketing info either. Seems more than a little amateurish. 

And, FYI, the ragging on NYC and the politics is just embarrassing. 
MC wrote “What is inexplicable is why anyone would remove a perfectly fine post simply because someone is, what? Jealous? Micro-offended? More than likely.”
You wish! I can go to Best Buy and look at the equipment you own. Get over yourself. You are right and in this case very right, you state you won’t see equipment like yours at audio shows. I have been going to CES, The SHOW, RMAF and others for decades and all of them have very good quality systems, something that we wouldn’t see at your place.