Nuclues plus bricked

Roon forced an update of my nucleus plus and its now bricked. Anyone else run into this issue?

monkeyade

@monkeyade, I’ve had a Nucleus since early on in the pandemic. Remember when you couldn’t go anywhere or do anything for two years straight? Fun huh? I bought it mostly for its plug and play functionality and convenience because now I focus more on the music than the technology of the thing. Roon automatically updates all of my mobiles and laptops while I’m sleeping, and I don’t have to physically store a large library of music that’s more easily accessed using Al Gore’s greatest invention.

But what is better than thought is that I go to most anywhere and be able to listen to what I was enjoying twenty some hours in the past, after flying overnight to Amsterdam. In my home setup I did have to put it on its own shelf and use a better LPSU though. I like the software. And as long as you only use it as a pass through and never use DSP, or any of kind of filters, or equalization, it works well. Putting a passive Ethernet filter with a good Ethernet cable before the Nucleus did improve the sound quality quite noticeably. 

Small Green Computer, SGC.

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

Andrew Gillis is the best. Very good and prompt support. Usually responds within a day.

@adasdad tbh overall I like roon and don't use the dsp functions either.

i went from roon core on a windows pc to roon core on a nas to the nucleus plus. One of the primary reasons why i went with the nucleus was the mutichannel output over hdmi, which i occasionally use in my movie room. That said for some reason on the odd occasion I want to use multichannel, nothing comes out of the hdmi and required reboots. A pain as that requires pulling the rack out of the cupboard etc.

Since it's now been unplugged for a day I'll retry it but don't have high hopes. Looks like it will need to go back to roon for a fix.

@monkeyade, I also like Roon because it lets us play music on any device or through the speakers in the different rooms we have in our condo all at once so everybody is happy. My audio gear dealer of choice for almost 50yrs, puts together systems in McMansions’s that have multiple $100K setups where Roon’s ability to easily play music anywhere is a must have convenience. There’s gotta be something simple in the way that you’ve got things connected that is causing the issues that your having I believe. So when I’m experiencing any technical problems I don’t go to the internet, I just call his store and ask how I can resolve it. Much easier than asking a question on Audiogon. Also the folks at Moon Audio out east, and Upscale Audio on the left coast, love to talk audio tech stuff and are ready to help if you give them a call. 

My nucleus plus has died twice. First time they replaced the motherboard, second time they replaced everything except the chassis. Even with entirely new innards, they would only give it a 90 day warranty which indicates how much confidence they have in their hardware. Piece of junk. Waiting for it to die one more time and I will go to small green computer.

More to discover