Not enough outlets

I always plug my Ayre amp and Cambridge Audio streamer/DAC directly into the wall outlets.  I have a single duplex outlet behind my equipment rack and since I have just two components, that is enough.  However, recently I decide to try better power cables (Audio Envy) than the OEM cables that I was using.  Unfortunately those plugs are large enough that if I use the AE power cable for one component, the plug for the second AE cable doesn't fit (there is just not enough room).  

So I am contemplating two options:

1. Use the AE cord for my amplifier and just use OEM for my streamer

2. Get some kind of a strip and plug both my amplifier and streamer into it...I understand that many strips can interfere with power delivery so I'm concerned this may affect the dynamics of my system

Thoughts and advice? 

deone

@deone U are actually very right about that. I also use Furutech GTX-D (R) and Oyaide WPC Z2 and Z1 covers. Outlets and covers. Very tight fit also. 

I think of hospital grade as a baseline for quality. I've got several of these attached to the back of my rack, I got the ones with a 3' cord:

Tripp Lite

I also use a Furman power strip/conditioner/surge protector. That should easily solve your problem. 

The problem with some of the strips is that they use the same OEM low quality cables as you probably already have. Cullen Cables makes very nice power boxes with an upgraded cable, and nice receptacles.....hand made in the USA and a great bargain. They are $199 with their "Gold" series cables, and $259 with their "Crossover" series cables. IMO the $259 version would be a very nice upgrade and solve your problem.

Just a note about hospital grade outlets. At AXPONA several years ago I met Caelin Gabriel from Shunyata and we had an interesting discussion about various power issues. The subject of outlets came up and he told me that it is not a good idea to use hospital grade outlets because they are made to resist corrosion from the cleaning and disinfecting chemicals that hospitals use. They use stainless steel for the electrical contacts instead of copper and Gabriel said that this does not provide as good a connection. He noted that Shunyata sells high quality copper outlets but he told me that the most cost effective solution is to use good quality Hubbel outlets. Just because I'm OCD I replaced my audio outlets with Hubbels for a nominal expense. And, no, they didn't "blow away" the old outlets - I couldn't hear any difference. But everytime I play my rig I'm secure in the knowledge that my system is not restricted by the cheap contractor grade outlets that were originally in my house.

A good quality power strip will work just fine for your application. Spend a little more money and buy a name brand that is rated for 15 amps. It will have no effect on the voltage or current that your components receive.