North Carolina Audio Club

Let's start a NC Audio Club. Any comments? Any suggestions about how to promote our interest and perhaps hear other folks systems, or benefit from their experiences?
twochannel_guy
I have gotten down here but have had further complications with my health so that I don't even have my system together yet. Fell down walking the dog a couple of weeks ago and had a concussion which made me spend 2 days in the hospital in Asheville. Better now but still weak. Enjoy your health while you have it. Stan.
I see the last response was from almost two years ago. Is there any renewed interest in this? None of my friends are as passionate about music as me, and neither is my wife.
If anybody stumbles into this forum, I'm in Asheville.  I wouldn't mind hearing from some local 'philes, but Please don't expect to see/hear a megabuck system in a pristine environment.  Far from that...but if you'd like to offer a pair of ears to listen to a set of DIY Walsh speakers and offer some 'constructive critique', I might be your guy.  Personal taste is pretty eclectic, '60's and beyond...I listen to what 'amuses' me.  And I don't own a pair of ears that can hear dog whistles or the discrete difference between cable A or X, either.  And I promise not to just simply astound one with trying rattle any loose objects of the shelves with 100+ db.  But that itch can be scratched if one must...

Besides, AVL is the 'beer capital'.  It's like mushrooms after rain around here...

But I Would appreciate another pair of ears for reference's sake, if you'd care to be a 'test crash dummy' *L*.
I'm in the Winston-Salem area and would love to get together with other a-philes.  I may have more luck reaching others using the National Radio Astronomy Observatory, but here goes:  tarheeltraveler at the major ISP starting with the letter "g".   Is anyone out there?  Rick