Newbie looking for amplifier advice

Hello

After much painful research, I decided to purchase a Ryan R610. I heard Sonus Faber, Dynaudio, Magnepan etc but decided that a bookshelf is the best fit for my apartment living room.  

Room is 19x12x8 with carpeted floor and huge glass window. I have been advised Belles Aria but wondering if there is a DAC integrated around $2500 which can match this amp.

Specifically, the Parasound Halo catches my attention but am concerned about DAC longevity and have been hinted that Parasound isn't such a value for money as, say, Emotiva. 

Anyone run a Ryan/Belles combination? 
128x128andysingh
Guys, I"ve heard that Belles and I'm very familiar with Parasound as well a lot of the integrateds in this range and the Belles is very special.  I wonder why folks worry so much about watt's.  They are a nice measurement, however current is also important when match speakers with amps.  Folks never seem to discuss that part of it. What about sound?  The place where the Belles will win out is in delivering the details and emotion.  It drives the Vandersteen Treo's extremely good in a medium size room and the Vandersteens are 84db sensitive or 86. Either way, it's in the Ryan ballpark.  

David Belles has been around the block as long as most in the industry, but he doesn't have the marketing budget that others like Parasound do.  I'm not dissing Parasound or any others, just saying that I personally have heard both and everyone I've listened with when comparing the two felt the Belles was much better sounding.  The reason I listened to the Parasound is because I was looking at them two years ago for myself and I listened recently when helping a friend put something together.  No I'm not a dealer and I don't have skin in the game.  

I will say that Johnny is as good an audio person as I've met in the industry.  I get around a lot and meet many of the dealers around the country, so I like to think I have an idea.  Again, not an attack, but it's easy to make a statement that something is the best value in it's price or it's the best you can get etc..., but when folks are talking about specific components in a thread I would think that you would have to hear both before saying that  

(your quote from above) "
I can't think of higher value gear than what Parasound produces especially its new HALO integrated."

The bottom line is that its' all personal, but there are plenty of amps that cost as much or even less than Parasound that I'd get over them as would many.  Just some really nice choices and using a good dealer helps you sift through what match best together.  Again, I didn't read Johnny's post as an attack, just making some points as am I.  
Johnny R would not attack anyone. He is trying to help you by being clear. He knows his stuff. He will not agrue with you either but he will give you some of the best advice, and the wise one listens. He is not trying to benefit out of this, just helping. Hopefully you can see that.
Thank you ctsooner for your experience. I am just a salaried guy trying to assemble a system which will last me for many years. I am not someone wants to upgrade to the latest $2k DAC every 2 years.

it is tempting to buy a DAC integrated, but DACtechnology moves too fast. With the Ryan and Belles, the cost is way more than I would have imagined. That is still excluding an Auralic Altair DAC/streamer and possibly new stands 

Only 30% of total system cost is going to speakers.
Andy, get in touch with Johnny as he can help guide you even if you aren't buying from him. It's just who he is and he knows your speakers and gear.  Honestly the new Rotel integrated amps are outstanding as are the affordable NAD gear.  I agree about not mixing digital with your amps unless you don't even want to upgrade and you are keeping your gear forever.  That's the true lifestyle product. Heck, I purchased a Linn Kiko system for my bedroom even though the sound was just ok, because it was small, looked good, easy to use and is networked for use with Tidal etc....  I personally look at all these integrateds at any price that do it all as lifestyle systems.  The bottom line is that they will never sound their best, regardless of cost, because they share power supplies and pollute the other functions within the case.  I own an integrated as I could finally afford an Ayre Twenty amp and that was my entry.  I love it, but the separates of what's inside still sound so much better.  That's the reality.  Add more things to the integrated and it's not going to be the top sq.  Just can't be.

I assume your total budget is 2500 for both amps and DAC?  If so, there are a multitude of ways to go.  You may end up with an Ayre Codex DAC (best sounding DAC under 4k for my personal opinion) for about 1700 or 1800 and then a good used integrated from a dealer like Johnny or someone else so you can get at least a 30 day return if it's not working properly.  I've found that's a good way to go when purchasing used gear as I personally have been burned twice on the boards getting used gear. 

I know many folks who run the mid to larger NAD and Rotel integrateds amps with great success in rooms larger than yours with speakers that aren't quite as efficient as your's. I used the 50W one with my main speakers for years until I started my upgrades. 

You have a lot of opinions on the boards, just like mine.  You should listen if you can, but if you can't find someone you think you can trust and PM them off the board or get in touch with them and see if you have a similar feel for things.  As you know way too many on the internet never even have heard half the gear they post about being so great (they read a lot of reviews and posts on gear).  Too many folks chasing their tails all the time in this hobby, but never happy or with a true plan and it ends up costing you sooooo much more in the long run and sometimes the short run too.  JMHO and many others will totally disagree with what I have posted I'm sure.

If I recall correctly, Johnny may even carry the Ryan speakers.  I know they are highly musical and have a sweet high end that isn't shrill. I've heard them in the past, but not your particular speaker.  Nice choice and I'm sure you will enjoy them.
I run the Ayre CODEX and second ctsooner's recommendation that you seriously consider it; even though it would eat up a good part of your budget, it is that good.  I also second his endorsement of John Rutan; he's probably the best in the biz.