New Zu Mission cable

For some reason, the other thread on this subject was deleted. I wanted to hear from those who bought the new Mission cable during Zu's recent promotional period. I also would like to open up this thread to impressions of this cable once in your system.
tholt
Nope, a new site for the new year - & one that doesn't allow browsing (at least for now). Either the folks at Zu have a lot of extra time on their hands or there is some major indecision in the ranks. This is - I think - the third site remake in as many months, not to mention the revisions to their product lines.
Also take a look at the Zu logo on the bottom of the speakers. It used to be a Zu in a circle (it is on my Omens that I got just last week). Now the logo you see when you first open their site is on the bottom of the speakers (in the pictures at least).
Any idea as to why Zu has destroyed the value of their Mission cable via auctions on eBay?

As a "valued customer" I really thought their intro offers were great. This excitement was quickly followed by despair when they further discounted and now $1 auctions on eBay....WTF?!?

Am I wrong to feel peeved?
Curious_george

I'm beyond peeved. I sold my Zu Mission cables at a big loss becuase I couldn't stand Zu Audio's lies anymore. You should see what I wrote in my classified ad listings for them.

I may write to Zu Audio to voice my disgust with them but I highly doubt it will do anything.

I feel really bad for Zu Omen early promo participants. Zu Omen's are on the Zu Promo Ebay website as well. Some of the speakers have sold for less than $900.

My guess is that in order to fund their marketing they have to sell as much as they can to cover costs? Cool 'making of' videos cost money.

I'm done with Zu Audio.
Their new CEO (as of Aug 2010), the one responsible for all the bewildering marketing tactics, has recently been fired. Apparently, we were not the only ones questioning the chaos. I believe that Sean and Adam (co-founders) are back in leadership roles. Lets hope they can get back on track and set a clear course forward.

Jedi -- I did see your ads. Really sorry about the bath you took on resale. As long as they have ebay promos for their cables, anyone who bought during one of their sales and is trying to resell will likely be in the same boat unfortunately. I am questioning the ebay thing -- it only undermines any 'retail' value. I understood it when they were doing it with their lower priced lines (Julian, Oxyfuel) a couple of years ago. But Mission is one of only two lines they have now.

I've never been a die-hard Zu fan, but have always thought of their products as premium without the price tags. I'll wait and watch how things progress this year. Should be interesting.