new york city audio show 2018

it doesn't look they have enough exhibitors to run a show,  unless one of the nyc dealers gets involved.

how the mighty have fallen. we have plenty of new hotels(rooms)

theoriginalthor1

Showing 9 responses by noromance

@birdyboy Justin, Looking forward to the show. Thanks for taking the effort to hold it.
Agreed. Took the leap a while back because of you. My problem is how to store my 100% perfect grills!
Agreed. Hate that hotel (and we stayed there.)

@robyatt Robin Wyatt’s room was fun with some great music and demos using mono recordings on a Technics SL10 Mk2 and Quad ESL57s. The highlight for me by far. Chad Nessem from Acoustic Sounds also demoed his reissues.

The half-million dollar horns sounded horrible to my perceived embarrassment of those involved with the Martin Logan’s next door trouncing them for 5% of the outlay. Vinnie Rossi room was good too managing to tame the big Harbeth monitors bass with some excellent sounds.

Almost universally, the rooms demoing their gear with vinyl sounded better.

Also enjoyable was when Mat W from VPI dropped in to demo their HW40.
And... at the end of the day... just fired up my system. Buddy Tate Live at Sandy’s 1978. Better sounding than anything I heard at the show.
@bdp24 My grilles are black and literally perfect. I'm afraid the attic temp fluctuations would warp them. 
I have the bass panel rear pads out but left the treble panels one in. Have you removed that too? My mylar dustcovers are sprayed matt grey. Is this normal?
@bdp24  From Stereophile:" Quad decided to paint them gray when it was discovered that the gleam of raw poly was visible through the grille. The treble panel's dustcover escaped that indignity owing to the fear that the weight of the paint would affect the high-frequency performance—and it probably would.)"
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-42-page-2#CEaByOuWpD38icWJ.99
You can see mine in Virtual Systems.
I may try removing the mid/treble pad some day. Thanks for replying.