New upper trim level Corvette or seven year old used amps?

Recently I have experienced quite a few people I know either passing on or being diagnosed with some type of cancer. And as I have never strived to be the richest guy in the graveyard, I was thinking of buying one of the new Corvettes. I also started to look at my older tube amps, good, but I had had them for about nine years, and the whole tube thing....then I started to think about some SS amps( I know, I’m going to hell). TAD M600, Dagostino M400, and then ventured into Dartzeel territory. Long story shorter: I came upon a pair of used Dartzeel 458’s, totally crazy price, totally crazy good. I have had them about a month and have enjoyed over 100 hours of listening nirvana. Had I bought the vette and drove it 100 hours, I’d have lost my drivers license, and spent thousands on tires, fuel, fines, etc.  
myth buster: it’s all worth it! Expensive power and speaker cables, interconnects, speakers, and Dartzeel 458’s.
Anyone that tells you otherwise is using cost not quality as a determining factor.
Enjoy the music and Life

Matt

mrmatt
well....ok.

first off, congrats to Matt for your dart 458 acquisition. i loved those amps, and am very happy you are now loving them too. i’ve moved on to the 468’s and am enjoying the bump up in performance.

as far as cars and audio. 3 years ago i scratched a life-long itch and purchased a 2016 Porsche CS2. this was June 2016, it was a 10k miles factory demo. owned it for 18 months, had a blast, but it was basically a trophy kinda thing. whereas; i listen to my hifi system 30 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. i drove it about 5000 miles over that 18 months. so it was a couple of trips, and Saturdays in the summer time a few times a month.

when i sold it those funds have advanced my stereo system in various ways, and i have no regrets. there is no one right answer. and maybe someday i’ll get another 911.

i can tell you that to my ears there is nothing quite like the big dart mono blocks. i love how they tell you everything, yet always sound like music.

as far as cars; been in the car business for 45 years, and manage a Honda dealership.......so i know cars pretty well. i’m not and never have been a Corvette person, the Porsche is my kinda car. amazing product.
Lots of people are saving up for when they're dead. Get an Airstream Interstate and go see America and Canada. @coasttocoastphotoatl
When I saw the title of this thread I was wondering why you would want to replace the audio system on the upper trim level corvette with a seven year old used amp... lol
"It is the essence of the human spirit to seek a reason for being."

"This is why functional designs are so beautiful, so calming."

This is beyond racing. This is beyond cars. This is Porsche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOE9mNe5c7M
Toss the Amps, Toss the Vette, and get a 911, When U pass they will all be fighting over it !!!