New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

I remember the WA stickers; I think I may still have a few. These are nothing like that. They are way more powerful in sound quality performance. Hard to explain but the sound becomes much more natural sounding.

You only need one per interconnect placed at the source end.

ozzy

@jerryg123

Appreciate the response. It’s exactly what the vast majority of readers need to hear regarding trick-or-tweak … some subjective experience. Those who drink the Kool-Aid and claim every tweak works in their system regardless from whom is very questionable, regardless of “said” source. However, a trial period is the only truth settling fact from fiction in ones “subjective” world. Oh, and … never mind 😉

Edit: The XOT Carbon I’ve been eyeballing for quite the extended.time … good to know

@ozzy when using the Carbon Tuning Discs on your speaker cables, try them at the end of the speaker cable just before the Y going to your speakers. Interesting and different from what works best with Interconnects.

Ted Denney III— Synergistic Research Inc.

rocray

966 posts

Four to a box. Would you place all four on a pair of cables,input and output? Or two pairs of cables,input or output?  

let’s try that question again.