New Speakers under consideration - but I’m afraid

I really like my speakers but I am considering an upgrade. I have B&W 801 S2 MkIII that I bought new in 1999 (re-coned with modded x-over). I’m afraid that what I get will not equal them and new may  just be different.

They are bi-amped with McIntosh up top and Krell on the bottom. Analog is Revox B77 and dig is Oppo 105D with Bryston DAC3.

I will also likely upgrade the DAC but this thread is about speakers.

I need a dynamic loudspeaker that is as good with chamber music as it is with acoustic jazz, rock and electronic music (everything but Country and Rap).

I haven’t heard anything yet but am considering Borrersen X3, Wilson Sasha and B&W 803 D4.

Should I be afraid or will these speakers all best a 25 yr old design?

ritter06

@OP - You might want to give some thought to an alternative option, namely Theoretica's Bacch4Mac sound processing system.  It is The Absolute Sound 's 2024 product of the year:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xq48klNJ8i0

Here is Steve Guttenberg's review: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ484SKyOA

I bring this up because there's a fair chance that you can get what you want (dynamic) with the 801's that you like so much.  Theoretica allows you to install and try it out for 14 days.  Return it if it doesn't fit the bill.  Personally, I would recommend the Bacch system no matter what speakers you end up with.  Best of luck.

What are you looking to experience with the speaker change? What are you missing or looking for? Depending on your rooms acoustics and space you may find one brand or style better suited. Not to mention your equipment pairing. 
I have the Wilson’s in one system and Legacy Focus SE’s in another system, both about a year old and find them more dynamic and engaging than my 25+ year old is B&W 801’s. 
You may also want to consider a Sub or two depending on what you find. 

Go hit a few stores on the east coast if you can and if a store can set up various speakers you can a/b test. 
the Speaker Shop in Buffalo NY carries many brands as well as Audio Classics in Binghamton Ny who is also a great McIntosh dealer 

Good speakers are Gawd-awful expensive.  Because you are bi-amping already, I recommend that instead of taking out a 2nd mortgage to buy new speakers and having to figure out who you can dump your old ones on, get yourself a miniDSP DDRC24 active crossover, with DSP EQ, along with the measurement mike they have.  The DDRC24 includes the Dirac DSP EQ system.  Measure your system in your room and then you can have Dirac create a custom EQ filter for your room.  The difference is incredible.  The whole thing will cost  you hundreds of dollars, not thousands.

I'd certainly look at Joseph Audio, Pulsar 2 Graphene for standmounts $10,000, or Perspective 2 Graphene for floorstanders $17,000. The only brand of speakers that most will agree are amazing speakers for their price point.

Sonus Faber, but I can't recommend models

Volti Luceras, horn loaded and super dynamic, on my final list for my next upgrade along with the Joseph Audio