New Speaker Conundrum - Vandy's, Spendors, Salk, Ascend - Mainstream or ID

I am very lucky to be close to Audio Connection and John has outfitted my entire rig over the years. I am currently running Ares/RP-7 to M-180s - always liked Mark's designs and he/Nick are so approachable over at Rogue.

I used to run 2CE IIs for the longest time and loved them and I thought I would give ID a try and landed a pair of Double Impacts - which I love.

However, I have the upgrade itch and I am in two minds on whether I want to go back to Vandy's or look at Salk/Ascend.

I have narrowed down my list to Spendor D9s, Vandy Treo CTs, Salk Soundstage 8s and potentially the Sierra Towers. I am going over to Johnny's this weekend for another listening session with the Treos and potentially Quatros.

I have always looked (more likely lurked) on these forums over the years for advise - unfortunately never posted :(.
cptkaos
Late to the party.  Been down hard with the MS stuff.  

Bob bought my Treo's. I still LOVE them.  They are a special speaker to say the least for many reasons. I moved to the Quatro's and won't look back.  I have heard most of the speakers in this thread and was a 20 year Proac guy and loved them.  

I heard the Harbeth's a few months ago and enjoyed them, but they lacked the dynamics that the Vandy's have.  To my ears, the Vandy's are making the best compromise in speakers right now.  They aren't trying to be anything other than being musical.  
Post removed 
So it has been over a couple of months with the Quatro CTs and all I can say is I just brought my hearing experience at Audio Connection to my living room - it is all that and much more.

I do have to say equal credit goes to the Rogue Audio RP-7/M-180s which power them.
@ctsooner hope you are doing better mate - you, @tomic601 and @gdnrbob got me onto the Quatros.
Pete is a Saint and a true warrior, hope he is doing better.

glad you are enjoying the system - there is a lot of synergy and power amps can shine being free of the demands of powered bass. 
Enjoy the music !!!!!!! And the Nightbird set him FREE