New Speaker Conundrum - Vandy's, Spendors, Salk, Ascend - Mainstream or ID

I am very lucky to be close to Audio Connection and John has outfitted my entire rig over the years. I am currently running Ares/RP-7 to M-180s - always liked Mark's designs and he/Nick are so approachable over at Rogue.

I used to run 2CE IIs for the longest time and loved them and I thought I would give ID a try and landed a pair of Double Impacts - which I love.

However, I have the upgrade itch and I am in two minds on whether I want to go back to Vandy's or look at Salk/Ascend.

I have narrowed down my list to Spendor D9s, Vandy Treo CTs, Salk Soundstage 8s and potentially the Sierra Towers. I am going over to Johnny's this weekend for another listening session with the Treos and potentially Quatros.

I have always looked (more likely lurked) on these forums over the years for advise - unfortunately never posted :(.
cptkaos

Showing 8 responses by tomic601

Pete is a Saint and a true warrior, hope he is doing better.

glad you are enjoying the system - there is a lot of synergy and power amps can shine being free of the demands of powered bass. 
Enjoy the music !!!!!!! And the Nightbird set him FREE
@photomax you got it! Advanced in Tacoma is owned by Definitive but carries some different gear - notably for me Vandersteen. You definitely owe yourself a visit and Eric at GHA always has something interesting cooking, anyway have fun and enjoy your search!
@photomax try Hawthorne Stereo in Univ District, then  make a day of it by visiting Advanced audio in Tacoma, then Gig Harbor Audio  in GH, get a cold beverage and Halibut burger at Tides Tavern

11 bands of analog EQ below 120 hz and freeing up your amp from heavy lifting is not something ya get when changing brands, but I certainly understand the need for experiencing something different - fun

that single malt is sounding great !!! Thanks for the invite and of course a reciprocal offer should you find yourself on the left coast!!! 
OP was chatting w Johnny and he shared how happy you are ;-) Fun !!!! enjoy the music. They will just keep getting better and better. Do you have nightbird by Eva ? It’s fantastic.
great system you have.
best

Jim
I think before we all get sidetracked with a pissing match between dealers, perhaps we can agree that both are competent and that in the OP case he has a very long running happy relationship with Johnny at Audio Connection.

Ya man ! Good for you
johnny r will set them up right and teach you how to do it, bend the bass to the room :-)
and yes audiogon full of passionate and music loving audiophiles 

what wood?????
Traded a nice thanksgiving music exchange with Johnny R today of Ornette Coleman’s bass player listening to his Vandersteen powered bass fives, as a Treo CT and 7 owner - stretch to Quattro IF you can :-) but also know the Treo can be magical
as others have said be sure to enjoy the musical journey :-)