New SACD player-replacing current setup

I am using a Cambridge 840c for CD and a Pioneer Elite DV79 DVD player in "audio only" mode for SACD's. The rest of the system is Amadeus turntable with Grado Reference Sonata, Van Alstine T8+ preamp, Bryston 4BSST amp, Vandersteen 3A sig speakers.
I am interested in one of the new Marantz SA line or one of the Teac Distinction players based on the price points of $3000 or less. Any experience with these would be appreciated. I am interested in expanding my SACD collection and continuing to get the most out of my CD library.
fbpearce

Showing 2 responses by zd542

You could upgrade your CD/SACD player to something that sounds better. Looking at the rest of your system, though, your 3k could be put to better use. As it stands, your strongest component is your Model 3's, and your weakest is your preamp. With your budget, you should be able to find a good used Ayre K-5. That won't just give you better sound, it will transform your system. With an upgrade like that, your whole system will open up. You'll start to hear what your speakers are capable of. Also, you'll get more out of the cd players that you currently have.
Fine isn't good enough. If you're going to spend the money, why not shoot for the best results possible, instead of just fine?