New MOFI speaker (Andrew Jones)

Here is some info on the new MOFI/Jones speaker:

128x128mofimadness

@larryi

I would also like to add how much I appreciated Andrew Jones' representation of the Mo-Fi speaker at Capital Audiofest.  He does a terrific job of explaining the design, including engineering challenges and the compromises that are made in implementing the particular design.  He has been my favorite representative from when I first heard him at CES talking about TAD speakers about 20 years ago.  

It is a small wonder how he manages to keep his very friendly and engaging demeanor over the entirety of a long show.  He is an extraordinary trooper.

i agree

andrew jones is a rare commodity in this industry, technically excellent, talented and imaginative in design, and also very articulate, charming, likeable as a person and spokesman

it is very easy to listen to him speak, stay engaged, and not be turned off by a sense ego mania or hype ....

Did Andrew play "Volver" by Buika and David Roth's "Before I Die" in these demos? That is what he played at AXPONA years ago, to very well capture the crowd.

No intention to rain on the enthusiasm, but I thought the sound at CAF was a bit splashy here and there. Too many unknowns to attribute definitely to the speakers, and it probably wouldn’t bother many even if it is the speakers. But I think it fair to say that there are alternatives at the same price point with competing virtues. 

@soix - I thought the same thing when I was watching Steve's video! Upgrade that streamer!