New Jays Audio flagship cd transport

Take notice, Jays Audio has a new CDT3 mk3 @ $5000

https://www.jays-audio.com/cdt3-mk3

128x128mboldda1

Thank you so much for the very kind words Robert, Jack, a1uc, ..

And lately I've been using a CDT3 at my place as well.. For now I've been feeding AES to a Gaia -> RJ45 I2S to a Termi Plus (and I2S or SPDIF to a couple of other very high resolution DACs).

And I'll try it with direct feed as well. But I find the CDT3 to be very transparent to the source recording, etc and I absolutely love it.  TK  

Also take note CDT2 uses CDM4/19 Laser and 

CDT3 uses CDPRO2-LF Laser which is superior 

I have a couple friends that own both players and 

the CDT3 is a big leap forward . 

Another friend owns the Project RS2T but let's get real 6 pounds vs 50 pound CDT3 and you still need to upgrade the power supply for the Project RS2T .  

Got a Project RST-2 today for other home , what a piece of junk . I'm sending it back  

@robshaw

I had CEC transports, the big issue was the belts stretch regularly (unless they’ve corrected the cause) and the company prices replacements as though they are made of gold.

I just checked the price of the Jays 3/3: GULP, but to use a line from an old Paul Simon song from One Trick Pony, if you want some quality, that’s that’s the price you got to meet, but $4995? Yikes.

You might try Pro-Jects DS3 CD player, which has a massive aluminum chassis provides the best basis for the CD drive and which incorporates the Blue Tiger CD-80 servo developed by Stream Unlimited from the RS 2T. I am curious to discover whether it is significantly better than my Audiolab CDT 6000, also a slot loader

hth