New In 2023

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD and Stream formats.

jafant

Stumble Into Grace by Emmylou Harris, her 2003 album on LP (Nonesuch Records) for the first time. Available on May 12th.

Her one-time bandleader Rodney Crowell's new album entitled The Chicago Sessions (a collaboration with Wilco's Jeff Tweedy) will be released on both CD and LP a week earlier by New West Records.

New 2023 reissues from Vinyl Me Please:

- Busy Bee Cafe by Marty Stuart. His 1982 Sugar Hill Records debut.

- Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette. Her 1969 album on Epic Records, containing the hit song of the same title. Michael Ludwig (45 RPM Audiophile on YouTube), though not a fan of Country music, gave this album a rave review, in terms of sound quality. Poor Michael, his taste runs to Krautrock. ;-) .

The lacquers for both LP’s cut from analogue tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound.

Yes is putting out a new album called Mirror To The Stars 5/19/23. They released a cut a few days ago. Cut From The Stars.  It’s amazing how Jon Davison sounds so much like Jon Anderson.

Already in the racks is a new album (on LP and CD) from The Long Ryders, produced by Ed Stasium.(The Ramones, Marshall Crenshaw, The Smithereens). The Ryders are now down to a trio, bassist Tom Stevens having died back in 2021. At the time of their debut album in the mid-80's, drummer Greg Sowders was married to Lucinda Williams. I believe he was husband number 1. ;-)

bdp24

Oh yes! I own all Neil Young catalog on CD. I own all Crazy Horse catalog on CD as well. A few bootlegs on CD thrown in for good measure.

I concur, the s/t disc is great. The 2005 re-issue on 2-CD is great.

Happy Listening!

@jafani: If you don't already have it, the 1971 s/t Crazy Horse album (Reprise RS 6438) is fantastic! Danny Whitten was still alive and in the band, as was pianist Jack Nitzsche. Nils Lofgren plays guitar and sings lead on one song, and Ry Cooder plays slide guitar on three songs.

The album was issued in an expanded 2-CD package in 2005 (coupled with their second album Loose), entitled Scratchy: The Complete Reprise Recordings (Reprise/Rhino Handmade RHM2 7884).

bdp24

Thank You for the introduction of 'The Ducks'. Anything Neil Young or Crazy Horse is an instant purchase for me. I am looking forward to another year of NY and The Horse! I mean, Ducks!

Happy Listening!

@jafant: A new one from Marty Stuart & his band! I hadn't heard.

By the way, Neil's 1977 band The Ducks included Bob Mosley of Moby Grape on bass, and drummer Johnny Craviotto, who later started making drums that are now considered the best in the world. Sadly Johnny passed away in 2016, at the age of 69. A heart attack.

On April 7th Compass Records is releasing Bluegrass Holiday by Ronnie Fulks. Musical accompaniment provided by a who's who of Bluegrass superstars.

arcticdeth

Excellent Hard Rock and METAL coverage as always.

Happy Listening!