New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

I assume you didn’t spend several thousands of dollars on a 5 feet power cord without installing a dedicated 20 amp circuit with 10 gauge wires from your panel?

Otherwise, what difference will the last 5 feet make?

@bimmerlover I have to question the thinking that it's the last 5 feet, the equipment draws the current, so it's the first 5 feet.

@invalid The electrons don’t care if you or I call the power cord the last or first five feet in a circuit that also involves 10 to 40 more feet of in-wall wiring. 

invalid ----- @bimmerlover I have to question the thinking that it’s the last 5 feet, the equipment draws the current, so it’s the first 5 feet.

I’m with invalid. In my experience, a last 5ft power cord is much more important than in-wall wiring. Like a garden water hose, the nozzle only sees what it’s connected.

The audio equipment draws the current from a power cord which is a bigger reservoir than in-wall wiring. *Usually, the audio gear doesn’t use 100% of current. **Drawing current/water from a bigger hose is faster than drawing from a smaller diameter hose (in-wall wire).

In-wall and dedicate lines influence the sound but are less impact to the sound than power cords. Alex/WTA

Nope not click bait. The used Shunyata Sigma v2 NR I bought is for my ARC pre. Even used the Sigma is not cheap.  But I liked the improvement. I don't know why that would have been deleted.  I'm one of those I know what I like people. I'm not an engineer so graphs are useless to me. So here goes. I went from the $500 cord to the highly praised AU24 SX for my Pass 250.8 directly into the wall outlet. With the Shunyata I heard a difference immediately but that was obviously broken in already.