New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

@immatthewj   ,   So would I, and also if it was the exact same length, strung in the exact location across their room and compared based on the same source playing at the same level. 

Finally, changing any other characteristic of the room, including having a friend there to corroborate the findings and they, not necessarily the OP, being in a different place in the room, can have an effect on changes that in some cases may be very subtle.   

Can anyone hear the sound difference with my PC comparison video? (28 posts below), Please help! my previous post

I will be testing this soon on a Pass amp as well. So this thread is definitely interesting. What I can say is , Ive noticed quite a substantial benefit when I upgraded PC's for my streamer dac, Preamp and older Integrated Amp.

I tried and absolutely did not like Shunyata Alpha NR v2 on pass amp. Never heard the Sigma. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, not every “upgrade”, be it a component or a cable, makes a positive difference or even a difference at all. 

And some times leaning on I told you so will start another cable war leading to deletion lol. But I told you SO…. Placebo, in this case that didn’t even work !! 

Cheers