New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

I don’t understand why Roon requires having your amp on all day, but putting that aside, going from A all the way to D strikes me as somewhat extreme for one who is used to the Pass. Why not look into a good A/B first? 

The modded GAN1 is close sonically to my CODA #16 amp. The CODA has the first 100 watts class A and has 150 total at 8. It doubles to 2 Ohm though the Class A likely goes down with Ohms. It is a very elegant sounding amp but with massive power. Too much power for my KEF LS50 Metas. I get a bit of ear fatigue because the #16 puts out a bit too much bass out of the LS50 Meta (without a sub). 

The modded GAN1 is ALMOST as good power wise as the CODA #16. That extra bass on the #16 is nice, but not for long periods in my small room.

I use the GAN1 in my office and the CODA #16 sits idle (will be used in a much bigger room later).

I recently bought a Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Sparkos Edition, Class D, Purifi, 2 x 400 watts @ 4 ohms / 2 x 200 watts @ 8 ohms amplifier.  I am very happy with it.  Take a look at the reviews on Audio Science Review.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audiophonics-hpa-s400et-review-stereo-amplifier.32014/

In Conclusion!  I have gotten an Orchard audio Starkrimson Stereo Ultra.  I've been very happy with this amp, and will not try to repeat the positive reviews it's received. It was primarily by chance that I selected this unit because I got it at a very good price Used.  I still have my pass labs, but I'll probably look to sell that in the near future.

My next quandary is selecting a good preamp, I'm using a Schiit Freya S  that seems to work well , but I'm really not sure what's the best choice.  That's another story...

I use Freya+ with Starkrimson monoblocks.

Whenever I use different tubes, it change tones.

I can make it sound fuller or sharper depending on vintage tubes.

Fortunately, I have more than 80 diffferent kinds of 6sn7 and variants.😀

Thomas

I have had the Atma-Sphere Class D now for a couple of months and can't be happier. Sound stage is wide and sound is very real sounding to me, in my system. I liked the sound so much, I ended up upgrading a bit more of my system.

Now

PS Audio Power Plant 12 > Innuos Zen > Weiss DAC 502 > Atma-Sphere MP-3 > Atma-Sphere Class D > Rethm Saadhana

PC LessLoss 

IC XLR

Speaker Cable LessLoss with LessLoss firewall for loudspeakers

Happy Listening, all, on your own systems. I hope it brings you the same pleasure my system gives me.