Need suggestions for another pair of headphones (Have Sennheiser HD600)

Hej

Can anyone, who are familiar with the Sennheiser HD600, suggest a headphones slightly more open and with a wider soundstage then HD600?

I have tried Grado SR-325e, AKG K701 and K702. These three are far from my taste. Too much high midrange for me.
I also have Beyerdynamics T1, which I think is OK, but I tend mostly to choose my old HD600.

I though HD660s would be what I’m looking for, but they seems to have inferior treble compared to the HD600. At least that’s what I’ve read. I’ve never heard the HD660s myself.

Any suggestions in the same price range as the Sennheiser HD660s?
Has to be open back!

simna

Showing 4 responses by simna

@ghdprentice 

I have a Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and a Feliks Audio Elise (tube). Maybe there will be yet another headphone amp next year.
I also have some Stax; Stax SR L700 and SR-007 Mk2 which I drive with a Mjolnir KGSSHV.

I've tried HD800, HD800s, HD700 and HD650. I didn't like any of them of different reasons.

I don't want analytical headphones as HD800 and HD800s. I rather sacrifice "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" for musicality.

@audiotroy 

I live in Sweden, so...;)

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately they are too expensive, not available in Sweden or I will not be able to use my Feliks Elise tube headphone amp. Planars are too hard to drive with most tube amps.

And I just wanted some minor changes compared to my HD600. Oh, well...nothing in this ”hobby” will ever be simple. The same thing whith my Tannoy Eaton speakers. I just need some small changes to make them perfect for my me. Dream on. That speaker doesn't excist.

Thanks for the suggestions.

@big_greg 
Strange that we can't buy a French headphone in Europe!!!

Anyone heard (and compared with HD600) Ollo Audio S4X?

@big_greg 

Yes I can. But I got curious about this Elex.

@brown12 

I thought all AT:s are bright and a little brittle.
Are you thinking of a certain model?