Napping while listening

I got this thing where I feel like need a nap so I lay on the floor where I am not to comfortable to fall dead asleep, turn on the rig and usually fire up radio paradise as they have a good eclectic stream. If a track has a good enough hook I can kinda hang and ride on it in this half in/out state. Really fun. Tonight ,Tomorrow Never Knows comes on. Wow , best ride yet, Ringo’s drums. I guess I never realized how he just keeps that same tom/snare beat going through the entire track without a fill or any change. Totally makes the track for me and so trippy hearing it in a dream like state.

128x128jbuhl

Freud, I believe wrote about the state between sleep and being awake. I often fall into that space and might go in and out of wake and sleep, while listening on my great rig. I have always thought it allowed me to experience things in ways that I could not while fully awake. 

I often nod off while listening in the evening after work. I nap on Saturday and usually have a great Saturday night listening session. Sunday evenings are pretty good, too.

Just under 2 years to retirement... can’t wait to ramp up my needle dropping efforts and spend more time listening!!

IME, there are two types of retirees. Type one lived to work and retired because, well, it’s what you do. Three weeks after the retirement party, (it’s never 2 weeks or four weeks), he is popping into the office to say hello, even though he lives nowhere nearby. He will mumble some excuse about being in the neighborhood. The visit is very awkward and uncomfortable for everyone, and he never returns.  This guy has no hobbies, an empty nest, and now realizes he doesn’t like his wife as much as he thought he did when he only saw her on nights and weekends.

The second type is never seen or heard from after the retirement party. He has one or more hobbies, enjoys being around his home, and is too busy to stay in touch with his work comrades. I know I will be in this category. Got the Retirement Countdown Clock app on my phone...tic, toc....

Freud, I believe wrote about the state between sleep and being awake. I often fall into that space and might go in and out of wake and sleep, while listening on my great rig. I have always thought it allowed me to experience things in ways that I could not while fully awake. 

This is totally it.  Its a strange but very cool place. I can't do it unless there are some sounds around to hang on and I am tired enough to even get there.  Otherwise you are either awake or asleep.   I sent this to another friend who listens to music and he said he hears elements/instruments that he doesn't notice as much when he is fully awake. 

I didn't mean I use this to nap.  

I retired last year and am looking for work again. I am being fussy. Needs to be 100% remote or a Hybrid/remote within 5 miles of my home. Lots of rejections. Ageism is for real.

I tend to nod off if listening to mellow Jazz or Chill Electronic. Good thing I stream about 95% of my music. That's also why I will only own a vintage auto-return turntable. Lately, however, I have seen some tempting semi-automatic or auto-stop tables that I might be able to afford in five years, when they hit the used market.

One of my favorite things to do late at night  is tune into one of my playlists on Qobuz. My lists are pretty long so I can start in different places each time I do this. I make a mental note of the starting song, try to remember the last song being awake and enjoying and then seeing how many songs I have enjoyed while sleeping by counting the number in between. Sometimes it is only a couple but there are times when I have roused myself hearing only silence. Definitely time for bed in those instances.