Nagra VPS phonom stage - how good

I have hjeard very good reports about the Nagra VPS phono stage.

Has anyone heard one or own on. I am interested how it compares to the best out there and against it's price base of 6.5k
downunder
Have you heard the TRON Seven - all tube phono. Great sound and build quality from a boutique British designer (www.gtaudio.com) - available from Highwater Sound in NYC

Charlie
Where can I buy Nagra VPS? I tried emailing Nagra Audio asking them about dealership network. It took them one month to reply to my email! Worse, they gave me a dealer contact in Austin Texas but I have called him 10 times and he didn't even pick up a phone one single time.

Way to go Nagra!!
To Viper_z:

I am the contact in the U.S. for Nagra, and if somehow we've managed to provide such bad service, please accept our apologies; however I should note I keep every bit of e-mail correspondence, and I can't locate anything about the VPS referral to Ne Plus Ultra in Austin, Texas you mention. In any event, please feel free to contact me directly at high-end.usa@nagra.com or 617-314-9296 if I can be of help, and if you are trying to get a response from Casey in Austin, please be sure to leave a message when you call.

Thank you, and best regards,

John Quick
Sales Manager, NAGRA USA
Viper_z,

Hi, I posted earlier above. The dealer in Austin, Ne Plus Ultra is super good. I think you should give them a second chance. I can't comment on why re: the 10 times, he does have a extensive customer network, and seriously values personal-in home service. If you tried him last week, I had him one on one for a day and a half for visit to a speaker manufacturer, we both had our phones off.

This, imo, is way it should be when we are spending this kind of money. Since I met Ne Plus Ultra about 2 years ago, my system has never sounded better. When my current preamp broke, Nagra loaned me a PLL. If the stock market ever goes up, I will buy it, it's a killer combo with my VPS.

Ne Plus Ultra is truly one the best dealers anywhere. You'll be dealing with a audiophile, musician, and someone with passion.

Re: Nagra USA, via their dealer in Austin, they have provided me with several loaners to evaluate, and when I purchased, they fed ex'd my new VPS so I could get it the next day-on his nickel. I had several questions (I get anal on new purchase) and Nagra USA was very informative-they know their product.

I honestly think this is a simple mixup. I want to say this carefully, and please interpret it the right way, not buying for Ne Plus Ultra is as much of a loss for you as it is a sale for them. Besides, the VPS is a KILLER PHONO stage...

If you live around Austin, send me a note, and stop by for a listen to my setup...bring your fav LP's :)!
Thank you Jfrech, you have a killer system - a system to die for!!! I live in Houston but I'll defintely give you a buzz when I have plan to visit Austin.

John, you may want to check the email you sent me on the 24th of June 2008.