NAD M51 + NAD T758V3

Greeting for the day!

I am thinking of buying a NAD M51 + NAD T758V3 but I have a question when it comes to DAC functionality.
As far as I know, the T758v3 does have a built in DAC, so the question is, which one of the DAC's will be feeding the speakers in this setup?
Will the M51 DAC be the master or is the T758 built in DAC the one to "rework" the signal again from digital to analogue and finally feed the speakers?
Apologies if I wasn't clear enough...

Thank you for any feedback
L

lazar
Receivers and processors only "rework" an incoming analog signal if they are heavily DSP based, and use this for things like room correction, tone controls or bass management.  Even when they do they usually provide a pure audio path, or bypass mode as well to prevent this.

Otherwise, it will only use it’s DAC if fed a digital signal via S/PDIF or USB or the like.

I do think your purchase is a little overkill. I’d just buy the integrated and see if you like it well enough.

Best,
Erik
Thank you for your feedback.
It is true that it seems a bit of an overkill but I have made experience with my current setup ( an old NAD T765 + Dragonfly Red DAC)
the Dragonfly DAC brings something more in dynamics and I really prefer with than without.

I have also got good PM feedback here on the forum, will look into documentation for bypass options and at latest resort, I will also contact NAD support.
All in all, might be a matter and trial and error.
Can resell the M51 later on if the effect is not the expected one :)

More to discover