NAD C 350 vs Mc Intosh MA 6100

BOTH INTEGRATED SOUNDS PRETTY WELL.

OFF COURSE MAC IS 30 YRS OLD BUT FIRST SOLID STATE THEY BUILD.

THE OTHER ONE HAS WON SEVEREAL AWARDS PRETTY DECENT TOO.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
andreas75
Wow...this would be an interesting match up...I owned the NAD for awhile...then inheritated almost 20 year old Belles pre/amp combo...you might be suprised...some of the so-called "vintage" stuff has aged remarkably well...not too familiar with the MAC...let us know...
I listened to a 6100 for a while one time and thought it was very nice. It is not "hifi" though in the sense that the detail is not thrown at you and the frequency extremes are a little curtailed. However, many people love that kind of sound, including me on some days, so give it a try and see what you think. It would be a big change from the NAD but it may be an more enjoyable one too. Arthur
one thing is for sure, if you buy the McIntosh 6100 and later elect to upgrade, you will get a better return on your investment than with the NAD. Resale on Mcintosh is much better.
I have a 6200 from '91 (last year produced) and chose it over nad, Arcam...I'd recommend the Mac. Our tastes may differ, but the Mac is a more subtle performer, definitely from a company with a background in tubes. Of course, resale is great, timeless hip factor of glass and metal vs. current trends of lesser materials. Also, take advantage of a nice phono section.