Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444
I own an Original (Non +) Mytek Brooklyn as well as a Teradak 12V 10a linear PSU I used to use to power a mac mini stack.
While Mytek apparently recommend 6amps or so, would my 10a PSU be usable with the Brooklyn or is that just too many amps?
Hey @Madinuk2007

The DAC will only draw the current necessary, so in theory even a 100A supply would be OK so long as the voltage did not exceed ~ 14 V .

Best,

E

Astron +1. 
love this made in Irvine, CA little tank!

I bought an Astron RS-7A used but like new and retrofitted to enhance power delivery:

1) upgraded all wires to mil-spec silver plated 18/22 awg ( input / output use 18awg, voltage reference for LM chipset can be 18)

2) removed original filter cap (Nichicon 12000uF/25V), and replaced with 4 Rubycon 6800uF/80V in parallel. I ordered some NOS RIFA PEH169 10000uF but unfortunately they were way too big for RA-7A. 

3) ditched speaker post voltage output, changed to aviation connector GX16-2pin and make a DC12V cable with 5525 dc jack. 

4) adjusted to Dc12.0V output. 

all materials plus shipping is $60-ish. 

And I can obviously tell the sound difference versus AC 120V input into build in switching power - ouch!!! Gross!