My experience with The Music Room

In short it was a good one.I purchased a set of Revel Salon 2 speakers in mahogany. I bought them sight unseen and l didn't listen to them but judging from there reputation l took a chance.My sales person was great,as soon as l paid they were on a pallet coming across country. They arrived right away in factory boxes and were shrink wrapped in waterproof material. I also noted that the strapping was nylon instead of steel and there were protective pads at all touch points.Best of all the speakers would have passed for brand new.The grills,spikes and instructions were in unopened wrappers.There was a nice thank you letter inside.l would not hesitate to buy from them in the future. I can only speak from my experience and it was great. 

128x128vinnydabully

Two questions…

Was there a less expensive option than $800?

Did you also have to pay sales tax?

I have placed multiple purchases with TMR and everything went smooth.  Great prices and wonderful packaging.

In the past year or so I have re-cabled my system with Audience Front Row cables, all of which are from TMR. I also purchased my VPI Classic Signature table, Bryston 28B-SST mono's, and Cary DMS-600 steamer. All purchases went well, the customer service was exemplary, shipping was fast and all was received unscathed. If asked, they are willing to negotiate on their listed prices. I plan to consider them for any future upgrades/purchases.

I had traded in a headphone to them

I would have rated them a 9. When I saw them listed, I  noticed that they rated them a 7. Their ratings seem to be nicely conservative. 

@eurorack Did your cd player stop working outside of The Music Room’s window of return or was the cd player inoperable upon receiving it?  I returned a pair of Cardas Clear power cables to them because I didn’t like them.  No issues.

This is from their frequently asked questions section on their website; “…we do offer a 30-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy, along with a 90-day warranty, on every product we sell.”