Musical fidelity M6SI problem.

Has anyone had crackling sound problems with their M6SI integrated amp?
robert53

Hi, I've owned M6si for over 5 years. I've had crackling sounds and took my unit back to my dealer to get it diagnosed. Problems with both power unit and capacitors. Quoted me about 33% of the cost of a brand new unit to get the problem fixed/replaced. Pissed like mad. These problems shouldn't be having for relatively new units like mine, it's kept in a well ventilated place and not used daily. I don't drive it hard too. Service guy tells me it's a common problem with this model.

Crackling sounds are usually a dirty potentiometer. Some tuner spray fixes that. It is rare for caps to go bad in just a few years and I'm not sure what a "power unit" is. Very curious. 

Yes from what i read the M6si has this issue with crackiing sound coming from the speakers, which is power supply related. Does the M5si have the same issue?

Thanks.

My unit is almost a year old now, and I have no problem with it. Hopefully, the newer ones don't develop this problem. With the large quantity of these units sold, there are only a couple of people who have posted a problem on this forum. I wonder if they have a good power source and surge protection?

Well, now I've owned mt M6si Integrated for almost 2 years and use it a lot. I have not had any problems and it sounds great.