most beautiful (looking) speakers

yes no

grislybutter

Yep, those are the original sl6 with the copper dome tweeter. That woofer is a design that was very advanced for the time with no dustcap. It was designed with laser interferometry to study the movement of the cone and ensure that it was as linear as possible in its pistonic movement. Historic design.

@roxy54

this is the weirdest story: last year I was comparing 8+ speakers to upgrade.

I have a few "better" speakers in my garage, that I could save from 4+ moves across Continents and States and Coasts. I bought my Celestion 5s in 1996 on Boylston Street. I still remember what the salesguy said: "if it fits your budget, stop looking at more expensive models, you will be happy with it, You will upgrade later"
So 25 years later, when demoing expensive fancy speakers, I unwrapped my Celestions as a reference for every pair. I couldn’t believe my ears, They sounded better or as good as all these fancy KEFs, Wharfedales, SFs, Klipschs, Totems, etc. Not a lof of bass and highs but super easy listening, fun, detailed, warm, inviting a very nice round presentation of any music. I never put them back in the garage and I never will. Hooked up to my 1060 amp forever (perfect match by the way)

personally, I found

sonus faber Stradi / Elipsa, /aida and Amati anniversario

Another very special one is Usher audio BE-20 / TD-20 speakers, if you like unconventional shape speakers, these looks like sailboat to me, which is just as sexy as sonus faber stradis