Morch DP-8 arm on a Helix Two turntable

Hello everyone. I am exploring putting a Morch DP-8 tonearm on a Helix Two turntable. I would like opinions from people who own the DP-8 specifically on how easy is to calibrate, how is its tracking and how accurate are the low frequencies. What is your accompanied cartridge(s)? I assume your system is capable of reproducing accurately instruments below 50Hz. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
vassilis_t

Showing 6 responses by scar972

@dover I do have a custom phono cable that I use with my DP-6, I’m actually quite satisfied with its performance which is the reason I’m considering the DP-8. Which table and Morch arm tube did you use, I favor the heavy blue dot.
I'm also interested in the Morch DP-8 and they seem to be very highly regarded from what I've read. Is the DP-8 really a unipivot? I thought only the UP-4 is a true unipivot. What type of turntable do you recommend this arm for?
@dover thank you for clarifying, the Morch DP-6/8 is a dual pivot design and share some similarity to the knife edge bearing in vintage SME 3009 arms.
The DP-8 has VTA adjustment that isn't on their lower models, can you share your experiences on how well this work. What you like/dislike. TIA   
Thank you for sharing your experiences with the DP-8. I'm currently using a 9 inch DP-6 and have really gotten used to it, so the natural upgrade path for me is the DP-8. I don't have the vibration issue you had on my tonearm but it's good to know your experiences with the VTA and lateral side weights as well as the 12-inch wand.
Nice! I too have Garrard 401 but with a Schick tonearm. Thank you for the info on the DP-8.
@dover at some point I may try the Morch on the Garrard, I would have to get a 12” wand to fit my plinth. I’ve already made arrangements to trade in the DP-6 for a DP-8 so I’m really looking forward to it.

This video may be helpful in setting up the Morch DP-8.
https://youtu.be/BDk-NlBtkwY