Monstrous power cables

Why?

I’m sitting in my listening chair looking at the over $1K power cable that came with my Running Springs Audio Maxim power conditioner.  The guy I bought the unit from said he auditioned three cables all costing over a grand and liked these the best.

The cables are about the diameter of the cardboard center of paper towels (maybe even thicker) and weighs about five pounds.  It’s absolutely monstrous!  I’ve got a piece of wood supporting it under the receptacle and use other items to support it under the Maxim.

The electricity is carried through my house probably using 14 gauge wire.  What’s the logic using more than that going from the outlet to any component?

I’ve got quite a few power cables of various diameters, the thickest (other than the one connected to the Maxim) being the AC9 s from Pangea.  And to be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever AB’d power cables, having just assumed they do make (at least) some difference.

128x128audiodwebe

Showing 5 responses by 1971gto455ho

Great speech but it adds up to nothing… pure conjecture. There are volumes Written on this topic by many engineers and scientists. The best that can be said for most of this wire if you will, is Super fat casings on some form of 12 Gauge wire with pretty ends. The hope of noise suppression to some degree ? Of course what dummy wouldn’t believe that the cable at the very end of your electrical circuit will correct all that’s negative…. Add to that adjust your specific sound values ? 

Cheers 

It’s Interesting that people can be separated from their money with essentially zero scientific fact. It’s beyond placebo effect but certainly not nice to call it stupidity. Let’s have a few of these high cost cable manufactures randomly select on their honour of course, 10 people for blind A/B testing. Then have a further group of Random audiofile’s along with Company representatives set up an accurate A/B system. After solid testing results should the product show merit the company is a winner. Should the results be negative, showing zero improvement.. everybody involved gets free product. I’ll wager there won’t be a lineup of manufactures Interested. 

I don’t see the relevance of 10 people not aware of the equipment or the process or the cables to me that doesn’t matter it’s strictly the hearing, do you hear a difference yes or no!  There’s much made of science, bean counters, nonbelievers , that sort of thing. So with heavy emphasis on hearing let’s do it, is there a difference or not ?
Have an average system, and alternately a very revealing system same process same questioning, is it different or not ? 
One doesn’t have to be open-minded… let a jury decide.

@cleeds 

Well perhaps a person should look at who I called stupid or dumb…Not ! That  would be personal, I have not done that. Now calling a Gullible belief stupid or dumb that’s an opinion. Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by blind testing. A room full of people listening to A then B or B then A. Final decision better include a C that will be for.. there is no difference ! We can forget science or machines it’s all about hearing isn’t it ? Perhaps a few in that room will feel stupid and that’s also not on me Lol

Cheers

Winner winner chicken dinner, we have grammatical perfection side stepping his panties in a knot. Honesty prevailing quite likely buying better equipment.