Modwright PH 9.0X Tube Rolling Question

I recently acquired a used PH 9.0X phono preamp and
I want to upgrade the Russian 6922 tubes. Anyone have
any experience with this particular preamp? I'll be looking
for NOS tubes.  

ericsch

Showing 5 responses by danmar123

I just ordered a set of Reflektor 6C45. off of epay with a 30 return policy. They should be here by the 11 of Aug.. Now I'm interested in the WE 417A to roll instead of the Siemens E88, which is in the pre now. Has anyone tried the We-417A in their unit?

I also are running the Siemens E88 w/sovtek 6C45s. Just ordered a set of Mullard M8080/4058 (premium 6C4). They should be here in a few days. From what I’ve read, they should be a MAJOR upgrade to the Russian tubes. I should know by the weekend after putting a few hours on them.

Now for as changing the fuse (IDK), I'll hold off on that for now.

@ericsch Most of my NOS Tubes come from Andy. I’ve had good luck with Tube depot, & just ordered the Mullards from Tube Store. this morning. Fleebay is a crap shoot.

I actually have a GAE w/SME 309 with the Hana ML & a 1200 MKll with the GAE arm w/AT 150 mlx & having great sound coming from both Tables. Rite now going for an extra $1300.00 to upgrade the 9.0 to the 9.0x isn’t for me, so that’s why I’ll try the Mullard roll. 😁

Just a heads up, the Sovtek that are in the pre are really the only option. I ordered a set of 6C4 Mullard & their to small.