Modwright KWI200 vs Kinki Studio EX-M1+

I am trying to decide between Modwright KWI200 (8 years old) and a new Kinki Studio EX-M1+ amp.  Currently have Magnepan LRS, Gemme Katana Itokawa, and Zu Dirty Weekend speakers (all with with JL Audio sub) in rotation.  Listen to vinyl, CD, or streaming from Node 2i.  Mostly listen to 60, 70, 80, 90's and current rock (and folk) music but blues and jazz mixed in.  Any opinions appreciated.
twister89
dkerr, isn't that the way it goes? Audiophiles are always looking for something in the sound they don't have.  :) 

dkerr, isn't that the way it goes? Audiophiles are always looking for something in the sound they don't have.  :)

Indeed! And I'd like to thank you Douglas for your writings on your opamp experiments. They were very interesting and were the catalyst for me trying  them in the EX-M1 (as I REALLY wanted to be able to keep it and the opamp upgrades got me SO close). 

This looks like an older thread BUT I have owned both the KWI, and the Kinki. I paired them both with Dynaudio C1’s, and in my system the Kinki sounds much better. It took some break in, so be patient. It really opened up and smoothed out the sharp edges after 200 hours or so. It’s got plenty of reserves for the Dyns, and really shows off that lovely tweeter. BTW, I did roll in sparkolabs opamps, and it took the Kinki up a notch. Even more musical, well worth the small effort it took. What’s cool thing to be able to do to change the sound of an SS amp!
The KWI, on the other hand, I found a bit dry, kind of technical sounding with my setup. The thing is super well made, plenty of power, and I owned it for several years until I found the Kinki.