Miyajima Zero Mono on Technics 1200G

Anyone using one of these on a Technics 1200G turntable?  I am thinking of buying one but it doesn't seem that anyone has one on a Technics.  I am considering either the 78 rpm or vinyl versions.Thanks!
andysf

Showing 4 responses by andysf

Thanks for the suggestion but that is a very different turntable from what I have.  I think he uses a Sorane arm with it.  I am sure it sounds fantastic though!
I have a heavy headshell, counterweight and even a KAB fluid damper on the table.  I think it would PROBABLY work fine but would feel better about making the purchase if I could hear from someone who is actually using this cartridge with a Technics 1200G.  A serious investment for me so I am trying to get more information.
Still undecided about the Miyajima cartridge as I haven't heard of anyone else using one on my table.  Two dealers told me that thought it would be fine but from past experiences I have learned to be cautious.  I really appreciate all the comments though!@chakster  Your idea about a heavier headshell and counterweight was what i thought might make it possible but obviously a heavier arm would be ideal.@billstevenson   You were one of the people who inspired me to buy the table in the first place as we seem to have similar tastes in older recordings, etc.  I also took your suggestion from another thread here and bought the Audio Sensibility Statement OCC phono cords awhile back.  A noticeable improvement over the Zu cables they replaced.@sdrsdrsdr  I have thousands of mono records in my collection so the mono thing is not new to me.  I am just trying to raise my game as I want to start recording things digitally later this year.  (If I live that long!)
@chakster The Grace F14 LC-OFC looks great but it is really rare! Wish they still made them. I have had bad experiences in the past buying used cartridges so I am wary of buying things like this online.  Most of my records are mid 60s and earlier so I am looking for something suitable for those.  No interest in Lyra!